Holi Party 2014 Photos
Sunny Leone Latest Holi Pics
Poonam Pandey Play Holi New Photos
Holi is a festival of colors. It is an ancient Hindu religious festival which has become popular in India, Nepal and all around the World Countries like U.S, Canada, European Countries including Asian Counties as a Spring celebration of colors.
Date/s of Celebration: 16th Sunday March 2014 to 18th Tuesday March 2014
Holi is an important festival to Hindus. It is celebrated at the end of the Winter season which usually falls in March, sometimes in late February.
The festival has many purposes. First, it celebrates the beginning of the new season, Spring. Hindus believe it is a time of enjoying Spring’s abundant colors and saying good bye to winter.
Holi festivities mark the beginning of new year to many Hindus, as well as they reset and renew ruptured relationships and end conflicts from the past.
The night before Holi, bonfires will be lit. People will dance and sing around the fire. For the day of Holi, people will play, chase and color each other with dry powder and colored water.
At the end of the day, after having fun with coloring people all around the city. In the evening they will dress up nicely then visit their friends and family. It is a national holiday in India.
Holi 2014 in United State Holi 2014 Celebration in Chicago, Holi 2014 in LA,
Lafayette Holi will feature colors, a lot of colors, dry colors, wet colors, and all colors of colors. The color we will use is called “Gulal”. This particular variety is organic, made of food grade corn starch mixed with food coloring. The colors are non-hazardous.
Besides colors, the festival will have music and dance. Unlike Cajun festivals held in Girard Park, Lafayette Holi will feature Bollywood music and dancing. Be prepared to enact a “Grease”-like dancing to Bollywood tunes.
There will also be home-cooked Indian food sold at very modest prices. There will also be pizza, Kona-ice cream truck, and beer.
Holi in Germany Every time, the visitors throw their color bags into the crowd.
12 cities are on the agenda of the organizers. Dortmund is one of them, thousands of Holi fans can throw to a countdown bright colors in the air. They can look forward to a colorful day with good music and relaxed atmosphere – and of course, enjoy the Indian flair.
Holi in United Kingdom, Holi2014 Celebration in England,
A cheerful crowd, an hourly countdown and a large cloud of bright colors – these are the Holi Festival Of Colours. Inspired by the traditional Indian Spring Festival, the color came last year to Germany and inspired thousands. Just as colorful it will continue this year.
Holi Celebration in New Jersey
Holi Festival will have dry colors, wet colors, and water guns. The color play will be restricted to the ‘color zone.’ While its possible some adults may withhold the temptation to become kids, it is much harder for kids to act adults. Please follow these tips as you head to the festival. They are definitely important should you be accompanying any children. However, count on the possibility that you may get tempted to join the festivity, and be prepared.
- Wear white, good canvas for colors
- Wear clothes you do not mind throwing away. They may get stained
- Children would likely get wet. Its recommended they be in swimwear.
- Bring towels, and quick change wear
- Bring allergy medication, if you need
- Bring spare contacts, or eye protection. You may get color in your eyes.
- Cover your car seats to protect after the event.
- Tents, picnic chairs are welcome.
- Dust off all the dry color from hair and body before getting in shower. Some colors stain when wet.
- If using camera, protect its lens from colors.
- CAUTION: Some people have reported their hair and skin to be stained for several weeks after the color play. The manufacturer has suggested that this could be due to the colors being wet, and recommended that people concerned with such stains play with dry color only and they dust-off the colors before shower.